Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you see kids with the Maryland Healthy Smiles Plan?
- Do you take my insurance?
- What will be my out-of-pocket expense?
- I don't have insurance. Do you have any options for me to have dental care at your office?
- At what age should I bring my children to the dentist?
- Does your office do Teeth Whitening?
- Does your office do Braces?
- Does your office accommodation patients with special needs?
- Is Patient Financing Available? What is CareCredit™?
1. Do you see kids with the Maryland Healthy Smiles Plan?
Yes we are! Currently, our location at Gaithersburg, MD, Children's Dental Care, are seeing kids and adolescents (up to the age of 20 years). If you have a child or teen who is currently enrolled in the MD Healthy Smiles Plan, give us a call at (301) 216 - 1781 to schedule an appointment for them today!
2. Do you take my insurance?
Highlands Dental Care is In-Network with Delta Dental. However, our office accepts all PPO dental plans which means that the patient is able to choose their provider.
3. What will be my out-of-pocket expense?
If you have insurance and it is a PPO plan (which allows you to go out-of-network/choose your provider) you will have no out-of-pocket expense for your routine dental cleanings. The only time there is any out-of-pocket expense is when you need other work completed such as fillings or a crown. If you are diagnosed to need treatment we will provide you with a detailed treatment plan which will break down what your individual benefits are for your insurance plan and let you know your out-of-pocket expense.
4. I don't have insurance. Do you have any options for me to have dental care at your office?
Yes! Our office always has New Patient Promotions going on. Our current promotion is for a New Patient exam, cleaning, and x-rays for $99. We also have an in-office program called the "Smile Club" where our patients can pay a flat fee of $300 for a 12 month period of time in which they can receive 2 dental exams, 2 dental cleanings, and any needed xrays. Also as a bonus we give our patients who enroll in the Smile Club 15% off any treatment needed withing the enrollment year. Ask us today about how to take advantages of our in office promotions and programs!
5. At what age should I bring my children to the dentist?
We recommend that parents bring their children to see a dental professional anywhere between the age of 6 months old (when teeth start to develop) and 3 years old. Our office has a program called the "Well-Baby" Program where we offer a complimentary visit for children 3 years old and under for an examination and dental education for the parents. Call us today to schedule your little one!
6. Does your office do Teeth Whitening?
Yes! We offer a customized whitening kit. The patient receives custom whitening trays and whitening gel for you to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home. This custom kit allows you to keep you teeth white longer by being able to tough them up over time. Call us today to schedule your custom teeth whitening appointment!
7. Does your office do Braces?
Yes! Dr. Tong works with both children and adults. He believes that orthodontics are essential to an individuals oral health. Every patient can benefit from a straight beautiful smile. Call us today to schedule your free orthodontic consultation!
8. Does your office accommodation patients with special needs?
Yes! Our facility has many accommodations for patients with special needs such as our state-of-the-art quite treatment rooms. Our staff is also well trained to take care of any needs our patients may have.
9. Is Patient Financing Available? What is CareCredit™?
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card with a credit line for treatments and procedures for your entire family, including your pets. It is a credit card designed for your health and beauty needs. With many of our promotional offers, you can avoid paying interest by making your minimum monthly payments and paying the full amount due by the end of the promotional period. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within the promotional period. Minimum monthly payments are required. Not all practices offer all CareCredit financing options, so check with your provider.
|Tuesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 2:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 2:00pm|